Sunday, November 17, 2013

My Nana

Nana was my mother's mother. My parents were in their mid-forties when I was adopted. One reason they had waited so long was that they took care of my grandfather, Nana's husband, until his death. I never met my Grandfather. Nana was living with Mom and Dad when I was adopted. The house they built, the one Nana and I are standing in front of in this picture was a new house.



It was built as a two bedroom two bath house specifically so Nana could stay there. Truly a Mother-in-Law room with a private entrance. Nana and I were great buddies. She was a bit senile, I do not know how much, but it was great for me. She and I would sit at her window and she would talk about all sorts of things and people in our backyard. The thing is they were not there, they were in her mind. She saw them and as she talked about them I saw them. I credit this for my very active imagination. It is a shame that we separate our elders from their families now. (060208)

Nana can be seen at her window where we would sit together and see things of great adventure.       




This was my 4th Birthday and the second Birthday at my new home.  It is very strange that I do not remember Nana leaving.  It must have been hard to loose my playmate.  From our home she went into a nursing home.  Mom just could not take care of Nana and me.  I do remember visiting the nursing home when we got the girls, Geneva and Carol.  Below is a second picture of Nana and me at the front porch.




No comments: