Friday, November 1, 2013

Puppy and Me

I have no memory of this dog at all. In the first picture I have such a pained look on my face. The puppy is pretty small, and probably is no more comfortable than I look. Don't know the dogs name. I just do not remember anything about it.


Later when the dog is larger, I seem to be a bit more comfortable with it.



Note in the first picture that there are clothes hanging in the background (just the bottom edges are visible). We did not have a dryer at this time. In fact the washer my mother used was a old wringer washer. Too bad I do not have a photo of that. It was an open topped washing tub with a machine driven agitator. Below is a picture I got off the internet that us similar to the machine we had.




There was no spin cycle so you took the clothes and squeezed the water out with a "wringer". Then you refilled the tub and rinsed the clothes and wrung them out again. Then you took the clothes out to the "Clothes Line" and hung them up. That was a great advancement, a marvel of the then "Modern World". (060508)

No comments: